Tuesday, September 7, 2010

inspired...

This morning was DARK, and I set out to just get in 2 miles.  I thought, just at least get that in, so you can say you did something!  Then, I saw Tom out running.  I'm actually not certain it was him, but I think it was.  My stepdad has known him for a long time, and I met him when Jon ran his marathon.  This man lost his son to leukemia and his wife to breast cancer.  I thought, I bet there are alot of mornings that it's really hard for him to get up and run.  If he can do it, why on earth can't I? 

Then, I started thinking of Nie Nie.  I remember reading on her blog the other day that before her accident she was running every day.  I bet she wishes she could get up and run!  She wouldn't be concerned with a tweak in her heel, or the slight feeling of muscle fatigue.  She'd be focused on the feeling of the cool morning breeze on her face, and the sound of the cicadas.  She'd be joyful at every step she took.  I tried to focus on those things, for Nie Nie.  Every time I started feeling tired, I'd think, what if something happened today and this is the last run I ever got to go on?  I better make it count! 

So, because of these two inspiring people, this old girl ran 3 miles this morning!  Now, I know it's not all that much in the whole scheme of things, but it felt really good!  I'm certainly glad I did it, and I look forward to pushing myself further. 


Today's Distance:  3.33 miles

p.s. Nie, I'm praying that someday you'll get to run again.  Thanks for inspiring me.

1 comment:

  1. i read that, too on her blog...she is inspiring!
    good for you!!! it is poruing rain here today...

    ReplyDelete