Thursday, May 27, 2010

Counterintuitive...

My back has been hurting again all day today.  I couldn't stand up straight, and felt like my bum was sticking out!  I knew only one thing was going to make it better.  Jon and I went for a nice long walk and I cannot tell you how much better I feel!  It's so counterintuitive, but exercise makes the back pain go away!  I always think I'm in too much pain to do anything, but really, that's exactly what I need.  I'm pretty sure that there is a link to the back pain and sitting for long periods of time.  Not a good combo with a desk job. That's exactly why I need to get moving!  I feel like I've been saying that for months, and I'm ready to do something about it!  No more excuses.  I'm going to work on consistency.  Not worrying about how far, or how fast, just that I get some activity in every day.  Once I master that, I'll move on to the others.  
Oh, we also saw where they've staked out a trail near our house!  I'm so excited and can't wait to see where it leads to!  :)

Today's Distance:  3 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment