Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Slow and steady...

This morning I was up at 5:45 ready to walk.  I {once again} thought I would just walk this morning.  I didn't think I had enough energy to run.  But, {once again} I decided to go for it.  I kept it slow and steady at a 5.2 mph pace for 2 miles with a .25 walking warm up and cool down.  I am constantly amazed at how much easier this gets so fast!  A few weeks ago, 2 miles at 5.0 mph was about more than I could handle.  This morning's run was just a nice jog.  Not too fast, but just soul satisfying and great!  Loving that it's feeling good these days.  I don't ever want to have to get it back again....let's just keep it like this!
Oh, and Jon tightened the belt on the treadmill for me on Sunday.  It seems to have worked!  No slippage today!  Hooray!

Today's total:  2.5 miles

1 comment:

  1. glad you got a great start to your day! hope it's a good one! xoxo

    ReplyDelete