Sunday, March 14, 2010

epiphanie....

like i said, i have been sick...since monday, sick, sick, sick! as i laid my sick self on the couch and in the bed all week long, feeling sorry for myself, unable to even really play with my kids because i felt so hellacious, i had an epiphanie. why in the world am i {a very able bodied and capable person} finding it so hard to fit in exercise and basically turning into a lazy lump? yes, i said it...l.a.z.y. if you lived with me, you would see it with clarity, too! i love sitting on the couch, watching my shows, watching movies with ava, {yes, we do our fair share of playing outside...don't go thinking i am totally lost}, holding the baby, all those things...all that sitting! well, as i was sick for a week all i wanted to do was get up and run and chase my daughter and go walking in the beautiful sunshine...so why in the world don't i do this on any normal day?



today we spent the majority of the day outside in the beautiful sunshine and fresh air and then after the kids went to bed tonight, i did my 30 day shred dvd. i am hoping that this desire to get physical stays with me for a while. i know i could probobly link you back to several posts that all are hoping for change and new routines in my life. i am not making any promises this go round. i got in some exercise today and it felt good. i am hopeful that tomorrow i'll do the same. for me. because i can. because i am lucky.

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it weird how being sick makes you want to work out!? I do the same thing. Totally try to roll with it!

    I know when I had my epiphany about how I like every vegetable there is it made me look at my diet differently. {Really, I know, weird. Every vegetable? Yeah, I think so. I have yet to think of one I don't like} Ever since, I've been much more aware of incorporating veggies in my meals. Cause I love them, so why not eat more?

    Glad you had an epiphany! They're great!

    ReplyDelete