Sunday, October 18, 2009

plans, shmlans...

i will not be the slacker here....but....
i had big plans for the weekend including some major woggling, but the weekend had different plans for me.
we took the kids to the circus on saturday morning (i crazy, didn't take my camera, thought my mom would have her point and shoot...wrong! so no pics of ava riding the elephant...& it was soooo darn cute!) anyway, we had a great time, but throughout the show i kept noticing ava was acting a bit funny...in that she was snuggling with us. this child never sits still to snuggle and always insists on being in her own chair, such the little miss independent. anyway, by the time the circus was over, the child was burning up. so we brought her home and spent the rest of the day on the couch with a sick baby that wanted to be held {as much as i hate for her to be sick, i sure love those snuggles!} she was running a 101.4 temp and just feelin' crummy. i had a feeling it was an ear infection. she is teething and was having a lot of drainage from her nose {yummy}. so first thing this morning we went the the {germ factory} urgent care center. spent the morning there and after a long wait in a room full of really sick kids...i mean, throwing up at the door sick we finally were seen and mama was right...double ear infection with a sinus infection....
of course the pharmacy was all backed up so we couldn't get her meds until 4 this afternoon. bo stayed with hollis {didn't want to expose him to all those germys} and when i got home he had to go to sleep so he could work tonight. so....needless to say, this weekend consisted of running around my sick child and sitting on my butt holding her.
so now, i have even BIGGER plans for the week...catch up to where i should be on this journey. sorry i didn't make it this week jen...it won't be a habit, promise. but life had other plans for me...so proud of you for reching the goal and surpassing it! you rock sister! and you should feel so proud of yourself...i am proud of you.
~a

1 comment:

  1. No need to be sorry! Seriously woman, all I have to worry about is feeding my cats...for reals! I know how hard it is to get myself out there to do it, without having little ones...I can't even imagine!

    Hope Ava's feeling better! Poor little thing. I hope she enjoyed the circus anyway! Too bad you don't have pics, I'm sure they would have been awesome!

    You guys get feeling better. We have a whole year, so don't stress yourself out!

    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete