Friday, January 29, 2010

5 day challenge #2...mmmm, kind of!

Okay, well today ends week 2 of the 5 day challenge for me.  This week was not as successful as last.  But, 3 days is still so much better than I've been averaging for quite some time!  And, I rocked it on Monday!  Getting up early is getting easier and easier.  I have learned that the time I go to bed makes all the difference in the world!  That seems obvious enough, but I'm learning that I have to be in bed before 10 or I'm gonna have a bad time!  I'm also learning that running is never as bad as I think it will be, and that it actually feels really good once I get started!  It also helps that I'm getting used to the treadmill and learning ways to keep myself from going nuts.  {like changing up the speed every minute.  even if it's just by .1 mph it seems to break up the monotony.}  I think I'm almost ready to start looking for some treadmill workouts online.  I'll share when I do! 

This morning I got in 2.75 miles {2.25 running, .5 walking}  It was a pleasant run despite the slippery belt that I'm still dealing with.  I have got to figure out how to fix that!

I'm hoping to get in some running this weekend too, but for the purposes of the 5 Day Challenge {5DC}, I'm going to just call any weekend workouts icing from now on!

Todays Distance:  2.75 miles
5DC Distance:  7.15 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment